To bring about qualitative changes in school education as well as teacher preparation at elementary and secondary level in the state.
- promoting teacher preparation mandated under RTE Act, 2009.
- facilitating Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs) with necessary infrastructure and manpower for improvement of teacher education.
- making SCERT, Assam as a centre of excellence concerning curriculum and textbook, pupils' evaluation, research and professional development of teacher educators.
- facilitating children's learning according to their abilities and needs
- formulating effective monitoring mechanism of TEIs to achieve the expected outcome.
- maintaining linkage with other organizations like SSA, RMSA, Departments of Universities, Directorate of Elementary and Secondary Education, Board of Secondary Education, Assam, Assam Higher Secondary Education Council for quality uplift of school education.
Promoting research for qualitative changes and for maintaining linkage for fruitful policy decision.